Good health is the key to beautiful hair and skin. In addition to LMB’s HAIR LOSS PROGRAMMES it is important to improve and maintain great health from within. Combating the causes of hair loss as a first step is of great importance.
Stress is the number one contributor for premature hair loss today. The fast pace of our sophisticated and complicated lives is taking its toll on many health factors, including most reasons for hair loss:
- premature hair loss due to the continuous tense vascular system, delivering limited blood supply to the follicle of the hair and thus also accelerating hereditary hair loss.
- contributing to the stress on the human body is also the pollution and the various product chemicals in many hair styling products we use, which have easy access into the bloodstream by being absorbed from the skin of the scalp.
Some important TIPS for combating stress:
- Take a break and go for a walk in the nature. Try not to worry too much and additionally stress yourself if you can help it.
- Good health and calm mind is vital. Relax your shoulders to allow good relaxed, non-excessive slow breathing (through the nose). When stressed the body is tense and the breathing is shallow triggering subsequent hyperventilation (sighing, gasping, etc), which in turn reduces the oxygen in the bloodstream (breathing more air does not mean more oxygen in the blood). For better blood oxygenation providing plentiful oxygenation to the hair follicle, breathe gently. Exercise is also very important, but don't over do it!
- Limit the number of products applied to your body, especially the scalp. Read the chemical ingredients in the products before using them and be informed about how they can harm you in the long run (like the aluminium used in most deodorants).
- When washing and styling, learn how you treat your hair, especially if it is prone to loss.
- Wash the hair with warm water (not too hot) and preferably rinse with luke-warm water which closes the skin pores, avoiding bacterial contamination and making the hair follicle and strand firmer.
- Do not over-wash your hair since this strips the scalp of its own protective oils and enzymes, resulting in over-stimulation and overproduction of the oil glands causing greasy hair. LMB strengthening SHAMPOO has a gentle cleaning action with a rich lather for tangle-free, full-bodied hair for frequent use.
- Nourish your hair using products containing natural ingredients. LMB products contain natural extracts, vitamins and minerals that boost healthy hair. These include Brewer’s yeast - a natural source of B-group vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B6), valuable essential amino acids, minerals and microelements (iron, zinc, manganese, chromium, selenium).
- After washing your hair, let it dry naturally. Excessive heat can badly damage hair. If you must use a hairdryer, choose a cooler heat setting.
- Try to avoid brushing your hair when it is wet, or brush very gently as the roots are softer after washing so hair strands are easier to pull out. LMB’s nourishing CONDITIONER contains natural lubricants, which assist in untangling hair and lessens the risk of hair shedding during brushing.
- It is healthy to gently brush your hair regularly when dry. Brush your hair using gentle movements from the roots to the ends to stimulate blood flow to the scalp. Scalp massage for the same reason is also very good, provided it is done very gently to minimize hair loss.
- Choose your hairbrush carefully. If intense hair loss is experienced, a wide tooth-comb is recommended for easy combing and less pulling of the hair strands. Do not use plastic and metal brushes and combs as this can make your hair static and affect the natural energy of the hair follicle. Brushes or combs made from natural materials are preferable.
Good health is the key to beautiful hair, nails and skin. In addition to using LMB’s HAIR LOSS products, it is important to improve and maintain your health from within. Combating the causes of hair loss as a first step is of great importance.
- Good hair nutrition begins with eating healthily. It is important to have sufficient protein and amino acid intake, which are the building blocks of healthy hair. You will also need complex carbohydrates to help assemble the proteins for hair growth. A well-balanced diet with a variety of fresh vegetables and fruits is highly recommended for the optimal intake of multi-vitamins and minerals in their natural form, essential for the natural growth of healthy hair. As a complement to a healthy diet, we advise taking LMB’s one-a-day VITAMIN COMPLEX packed with all the essential elements needed for healthy and well-nourished hair.
- Limit the consumption of processed foods and avoid food containing preservatives and artificial colours.
- Limit alcohol intake as well as smoking as this stresses the body and limits sufficient blood supply to the hair follicle and the skin cells which can lead to dull, lifeless hair, and ultimately hair loss.